Posts for tag: Untagged
The development of the CEREC system is one of the most revolutionary developments in dentistry. It allows your dentist to create a new dental crown or restoration right there in his office. Say goodbye to multiple appointments and uncomfortable temporary solutions. Dr. Jason Cohen and Dr. Timothy Killgrove at Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI, offer these fast and efficient restorations for all eligible patients. Here's everything you've ever wanted to know about CEREC.
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic. It is a 3D chairside design and milling technology that allows dentists to design and build high-quality dental restorations (onlays, inlays, bridges, or crowns) in one single visit. Who wouldn't like to have attractive, high-quality dental restorations in only one appointment at the dentist?
First, a camera is used to take a digital photo of your tooth. The CEREC software then takes the photo and converts it into a 3-D virtual model on the computer screen. Your dentist works with the software to design your perfect restoration. Finally, a ceramic block that matches the shade of your tooth is placed in the CEREC milling machine. The machine then does what it’s designed to do and makes you a new restoration right there!
Benefits of CEREC
Your dental restoration is created from a thick, durable block of ceramic that is able to withstand wear and tear. CEREC dental restorations won't crack or leak over time. They are also tailored to match the natural shade of your teeth. Nothing gives the same luster and depth as CEREC dental restorations. With CEREC dental restorations you can have a smile that's strong and beautiful!
If you need a dental restoration, why wait? We can help you today. Call Dr. Jason Cohen and Dr. Timothy Killgrove at Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI, at 734-283-1263. CEREC dental restorations will improve your appearance and give you the confidence to smile again. Remember, a better life starts with a better-looking smile.
Dental Implants Help Restore Function to Your Bite
Your Southgate Dentist Explains How Implants Work
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel just like your own teeth.
- Improved Comfort: Implants are securely anchored, so there is no slipping as there is with dentures. This eliminates some of the key inconveniences of dentures, including poor fit, gum irritation, and pain.
- Improved Health: Dental implants can help prevent deterioration of the jawbone caused by loss of teeth, so your face retains its natural shape.
- Durability: Implants are strong and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Convenience: Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent, eliminating the inconvenience of removing your dentures. With implants, you can brush and care for your teeth just as you would your natural teeth.