Posts for tag: Veneers
Veneers are like shields a dentist adheres to your natural teeth, usually to improve aesthetic issues. However, when you visit our Dr. Jason Cohen or Dr. Timothy Killgrove at Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI, for veneers, you'll receive more benefits than an improved smile. You'll also make your oral hygiene routine simpler and enhance the vibrancy of your smile.
No Spaces, Less Room for Hidden Debris
With veneers, our dentist can reduce the spaces in between your teeth, so there's less space for debris to hide and brushing and flossing easier. As a result, you can better keep on top of your oral hygiene and will reduce your chances of cavities and gum disease caused by food particles that remain in your mouth.
Protect Sensitive Teeth for Better Hygiene
If you have sensitive teeth, brushing, sometimes even with special toothpaste, can cause discomfort. Veneers act as a barrier to your teeth. Therefore, as you brush, you won't have that tooth, or as much, sensitivity that can interfere with your dental hygiene.
Better Appearance, More Reason to Care for Your Teeth
You'll have an easier time taking care of your smile when you have a reason to keep it looking beautiful. You'll be proud of your smile after veneers. You'll want to showcase it as much as possible, so you'll have a strong desire to care for teeth properly. Therefore, you'll have an easier time maintaining a healthy, beautiful smile. Additionally, you'll be more likely to visit the dentist routinely as recommended when you have a smile you're proud to have and want to keep that way.
Can Scrub Gently Like You Should
When you have veneers, you should use a soft-bristled toothbrush and gently brush your teeth, so you don't scratch the veneer. This is actually how you should take care of your teeth all the time to protect your enamel.
Whiter Teeth for a More Confident You
Even if you're opting for veneers in Southgate, MI, to close gaps or correct disproportionate teeth, you'll still benefit from how much veneers can improve the color of your teeth. You'll have a brighter smile. And you can easily maintain those results for quite some time by minimizing your consumption of foods and beverages that stain teeth.
When you get veneers in Southgate, MI, from Dr. Cohen, you'll improve the appearance of your teeth and ultimately boost your confidence. In addition, you'll whiten your teeth and make your oral care routine much more manageable simultaneously. Schedule an appointment at Cohen Modern Dentistry to see what veneers can do for oral health and the appearance of your teeth by calling 734-283-1263.
Between the final game of the World Series in late October and spring training in February, major league baseball players work on their skills preparing for the new season. Reporters on a Zoom call to the New York Yankees' training camp wanted to know what star outfielder Aaron Judge had been doing along those lines. But when he smiled, their interest turned elsewhere: What had Aaron Judge done to his teeth?
Already with 120 homers after only five seasons, Judge is a top player with the Yankees. His smile, however, has been less than spectacular. Besides a noticeable gap between his top front teeth (which were also more prominent than the rest of his teeth), Judge also had a chipped tooth injury on a batting helmet in 2017 during a home plate celebration for a fellow player's walk-off home run.
But now Judge's teeth look even, with no chip and no gap. So, what did the Yankee slugger have done?
He hasn't quite said, but it looks as though he received a “smile makeover” with porcelain veneers, one of the best ways to turn dental “ugly ducklings” into “beautiful swans.” And what's even better is that veneers aren't limited to superstar athletes or performers—if you have teeth with a few moderate dental flaws, veneers could also change your smile.
As the name implies, veneers are thin shells of porcelain bonded to the front of teeth to mask chips, cracks, discolorations or slight gaps between teeth. They may even help even out disproportionately sized teeth. Veneers are custom-made by dental technicians based on a patient's particular tooth dimensions and color.
Like other cosmetic techniques, veneers are a blend of technology and artistry. They're made of a durable form of dental porcelain that can withstand biting forces (within reason, though—you'd want to avoid biting down on ice or a hard piece of food with veneered teeth). They're also carefully colored so that they blend seamlessly with your other teeth. With the right artistic touch, we can make them look as natural as possible.
Although porcelain veneers can accommodate a wide range of dental defects, they may not be suitable for more severe flaws. After examining your teeth, we'll let you know if you're a good candidate for veneers or if you should consider another restoration. Chances are, though, veneers could be your way to achieve what Aaron Judge did—a home run smile.
If you would like more information about porcelain veneers, please contact us or schedule a consultation. To learn more, read the Dear Doctor magazine article “Porcelain Veneers: Strength & Beauty As Never Before.”
Erasing the effects of time, genetics, or accidents on your teeth has never been easier thanks to veneers. The preferred method of smile rejuvenation in Hollywood, veneers offer the unique benefit of fixing multiple cosmetic problems at once. Your dentist in Southgate, Michigan, Dr. Jason Cohen, can tell you more about these amazing restorations.
What are veneers?
Veneers are a thin, tooth-shaped shell that your Southgate dentist attaches to the front of the teeth. They are often made from ceramic material, in particular porcelain, because of the similarity to natural tooth enamel. However, plastic-based resin veneers can also be an option for many patients. Veneers are attached to the front of the teeth with bonding cement and can last many years.
How can veneers improve my smile?
In short, veneers from your Southgate dentist can fix almost any cosmetic dental flaw. If your teeth are naturally shortened or have become worn down over time, veneers lengthen them to an aesthetically pleasing size. They can also fill in gaps or smooth out crookedness. Teeth that are resistant to traditional whitening - usually due to genetics or staining from the inside out - can be brightened as well.
How do I take care of my veneers?
The care of veneers is fairly straightforward. Since your natural teeth are still behind them, it's important to diligently brush and floss to maintain good dental health. Developing gum disease or a cavity may result in an expensive removal and replacement procedure. If you have any habits that could cause breakage, such as chewing on pens or crunching on ice, now would be a good time to curb them to avoid chipping or loosening your veneers. If you wear resin veneers, they can discolor from eating and drinking heavily pigmented foods and drinks like coffee, wine, berries, or tomato sauce.
This information is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to veneers. To learn more, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jason Cohen by calling Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, Michigan at (734) 283-1263.
Do you want to renew your smile? Made from thin layers of ceramic and placed over the front part of teeth, veneers can give you the celebrity smile of your dreams! Led by Dr. Jason Cohen, Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI, uses veneers to correct a myriad of cosmetic dental issues. Read on to find out how veneers can rejuvenate our smile!
1. They can brighten your smile. Dental veneers can brighten your smile instantly! Stain resistant and able to mimic the light-reflective properties of natural teeth, these porcelain shells can turn your smile from dull to dazzling!
2. They can repair broken teeth. If you have any broken teeth, veneers can make your smile look good as new. A single veneer can be used to fix a chip on one tooth, or you may choose to get veneers on all of your front teeth for a complete smile restoration.
3. They can hide crooked teeth. In many cases, patients with minor alignment issues can undergo veneer treatment to get the straight smile they've always wanted. Foregoing the need for orthodontic treatment, used to cover the front and sometimes side surfaces of teeth improving their function and appearance.
4. They can fix gapped teeth. By being bonded to the front-facing surface of your smile, porcelain veneers can be used to close the unsightly gaps or spaces between your teeth. If you have teeth that are a bit unevenly spaced, veneers are an excellent, minimally invasive treatment option to improve the appearance of your smile.
5. They can strengthen your teeth. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, porcelain veneers are also incredibly strong and durable. They can strengthen your worn or weakened teeth and prevent further damage. Their resilience and strength are comparable to tooth enamel and is the material of choice for smile makeovers.
Give us a call!
Ready for a smile makeover? Call Cohen Modern Dentistry at 734-283-1263 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Southgate, MI.
Show Off Your Best Smile With Veneers
Smile problems? Veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front part of the teeth to improve your smile. Cohen Modern Dentistry, which is located in Southgate, MI, offers dental veneers to their patients. Dr. Jason Cohen is one of the finest dentists in Southgate, MI. Here are six reasons to consider dental veneers.
1. Hide Imperfections- Veneers make imperfect smiles look flawless. Veneers can hide imperfections that can be difficult to correct. As a result, the overall aesthetic of the smile is enhanced.
2. Fix Gapped Teeth- For some individuals, having a gap between their teeth can affect their self-confidence. Veneers are used to fix teeth with gaps between them. These shells fit over the surface of your teeth to create an evenly-spaced smile.
3. Cover Crooked Teeth- Crooked teeth can make people feel self-conscious about their appearance. Veneers are used to fix crooked teeth. These shells are bonded to the teeth changing their shape, length, and size.
4. Strengthen Teeth- Veneers provide strength and resilience comparable to tooth enamel. Veneers can strengthen and protect teeth that have chips or cracks. This is possible due to the durable, ceramic material that composes veneers as they cover your teeth.
5. Whiten Your Smile- Stained teeth? Make your smile shine with dental veneers. Veneers will give you a whiter, brighter smile. Food and beverages do not stain dental veneers as they do teeth because unlike the enamel on your teeth, porcelain isn't porous.
6. Look Years Younger- It's no secret that your smile plays an important role in defining how old or young you look. If you want to look younger, getting veneers is a great place to start. Veneers will transform your smile and make you look younger instantly.
Invest in your smile... you wear it every day. Say yes to dental veneers! Call Cohen Modern Dentistry at 734-283-1263 now to schedule a consultation in Southgate, MI. Dental veneers won't just improve your smile; they will also change your life for the better. Here's to you.