State-of-the-art dental solutions have become the norm in many dental offices. In the past, repairing gaps in your smile was a long, rigorous process. However, with Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI, you can fill in your gaps and restore functionality and aesthetics to your smile. Find out more about these dental services with Dr. Jason Cohen.
Dental Services in Southgate to Repair Your Gaps
- CEREC: CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. This system allows dentists to cut out the laboratory step necessary for traditional porcelain dental restorations. This step normally takes about two weeks, requiring a second dental appointment and additional time off work or school. CEREC allows your dentist to complete your restoration in a single dental appointment.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants lie within the jawbone of the mouth. Surgically implanted, the implant itself takes the place of a missing tooth’s root, providing a sturdy foundation for a replacement tooth. This happens due to a process called osseointegration, where the bone itself grows around the Implants are often regarded as the most effective and permanent tooth replacement solution.
- Dental Bridges: Bridges are another tooth replacement option available at Cohen Modern Dentistry. While implants require an adequate amount of bone to remain securely in the mouth, bridges rely on the healthy natural teeth surrounding a gap to anchor into place. The bridge, made from porcelain either in a dental laboratory or using CEREC technology, consists of a prosthetic tooth with a dental crown on either side. This restoration requires the preparation of the teeth to receive the crowns.
- Veneers: Dental veneers are a versatile dental restoration which can slightly tweak a chipped or discolored tooth or completely overhaul your smile. Also made from porcelain, veneers fit over the surface of a tooth to cover its imperfections and provide an improved appearance. Patients who have chipped, cracked, slightly misaligned, slightly gapped, discolored or stained teeth can benefit from dental veneers.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is a method of orthodontic treatment which straightens your teeth and corrects your bite discreetly. Invisalign uses aligner trays rather than metal brackets and wires. Its trays are made from clear plastic and virtually invisible, allowing patients to wear them without those around them noticing.
Repairing the gaps in your smile is as easy as asking Dr. Cohen about the different dental services offered at Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI. Call (734) 283-1263 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Cohen today!