Posts for category: Dental
Do you want to renew your smile? Made from thin layers of ceramic and placed over the front part of teeth, veneers can give you the celebrity smile of your dreams! Led by Dr. Jason Cohen, Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI, uses veneers to correct a myriad of cosmetic dental issues. Read on to find out how veneers can rejuvenate our smile!
1. They can brighten your smile. Dental veneers can brighten your smile instantly! Stain resistant and able to mimic the light-reflective properties of natural teeth, these porcelain shells can turn your smile from dull to dazzling!
2. They can repair broken teeth. If you have any broken teeth, veneers can make your smile look good as new. A single veneer can be used to fix a chip on one tooth, or you may choose to get veneers on all of your front teeth for a complete smile restoration.
3. They can hide crooked teeth. In many cases, patients with minor alignment issues can undergo veneer treatment to get the straight smile they've always wanted. Foregoing the need for orthodontic treatment, used to cover the front and sometimes side surfaces of teeth improving their function and appearance.
4. They can fix gapped teeth. By being bonded to the front-facing surface of your smile, porcelain veneers can be used to close the unsightly gaps or spaces between your teeth. If you have teeth that are a bit unevenly spaced, veneers are an excellent, minimally invasive treatment option to improve the appearance of your smile.
5. They can strengthen your teeth. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, porcelain veneers are also incredibly strong and durable. They can strengthen your worn or weakened teeth and prevent further damage. Their resilience and strength are comparable to tooth enamel and is the material of choice for smile makeovers.
Give us a call!
Ready for a smile makeover? Call Cohen Modern Dentistry at 734-283-1263 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Southgate, MI.
State-of-the-art dental solutions have become the norm in many dental offices. In the past, repairing gaps in your smile was a long, \rigorous process. However, with Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI, you can fill in your gaps and restore functionality and aesthetics to your smile. Find out more about these dental services with Dr. Jason Cohen.
Dental Services in Southgate to Repair Your Gaps
- CEREC: CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. This system allows dentists to cut out the laboratory step necessary for traditional porcelain dental restorations. This step normally takes about two weeks, requiring a second dental appointment and additional time off work or school. CEREC allows your dentist to complete your restoration in a single dental appointment.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants lie within the jawbone of the mouth. Surgically implanted, the implant itself takes the place of a missing tooth’s root, providing a sturdy foundation for a replacement tooth. This happens due to a process called osseointegration, where the bone itself grows around the Implants are often regarded as the most effective and permanent tooth replacement solution.
- Dental Bridges: Bridges are another tooth replacement option available at Cohen Modern Dentistry. While implants require an adequate amount of bone to remain securely in the mouth, bridges rely on the healthy natural teeth surrounding a gap to anchor into place. The bridge, made from porcelain either in a dental laboratory or using CEREC technology, consists of a prosthetic tooth with a dental crown on either side. This restoration requires the preparation of the teeth to receive the crowns.
- Veneers: Dental veneers are a versatile dental restoration which can slightly tweak a chipped or discolored tooth or completely overhaul your smile. Also made from porcelain, veneers fit over the surface of a tooth to cover its imperfections and provide an improved appearance. Patients who have chipped, cracked, slightly misaligned, slightly gapped, discolored or stained teeth can benefit from dental veneers.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is a method of orthodontic treatment which straightens your teeth and corrects your bite discreetly. Invisalign uses aligner trays rather than metal brackets and wires. Its trays are made from clear plastic and virtually invisible, allowing patients to wear them without those around them noticing.
Repairing the gaps in your smile is as easy as asking Dr. Cohen about the different dental services offered at Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI. Call (734) 283-1263 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Cohen today!
Find out the many benefits to choosing dental implants.
Are you dealing with one or more missing permanent teeth? Do you maintain good oral hygiene despite dealing with tooth loss? If you said yes to these questions then our Southgate, MI, dentist, Dr. Jason Cohen, may have just the answer you’ve been looking for to treat your tooth loss: dental implants.
What is a dental implant?
An implant looks like a small metal post or screw, which our Southgate general dentist will place into the jawbone. During the procedure, the dental implant is placed under the gumline, and over the course of several months, the bone will begin to meld together with the implant to form a strong foundation.
Why should I consider dental implants?
If you are missing one or more permanent teeth then there is no better time to consider getting dental implants then now. Implants are the closest you’ll come to having your natural teeth back. Plus, implants can replace one, several or even all of your teeth. Patients who want to replace multiple teeth but worry that dentures won’t be stable enough or provide them with the smile they want should strongly consider implant-supported dentures.
Dental implants are the only tooth replacement that is designed to last a lifetime if you are dedicated to the health and maintenance of your implant, as well as your oral health. Ideal candidates will be non-smoking adults who are otherwise healthy. Those dealing with cavities or gum disease will need to have these conditions treated and under control before your implant treatment can begin.
It’s also important to note that getting dental implants can take time. Unlike bridges or dentures, getting implants can take several months to complete. If you are dedicated to waiting for your implants then we know you’ll be happy with the results in the end.
Are you ready to give your smile the makeover it needs and fill those gaps left over from tooth loss? If so, then Cohen Modern Dentistry in Southgate, MI, is ready to help make that all possible. Call our office to schedule your initial consultation.
Welcome to the Blog of Cohen Modern Dentistry, P.C.
Whether you are an existing patient or searching for a dentist in the Southgate, MI area, we’re excited you are here. With the dental industry advancing, we recognize the importance of keeping our patients and visitors up to date with all of the new and exciting things taking place in our practice.
As we move forward with our blog, we hope to promote dental awareness as a vital part of your healthy lifestyle. Here you will find a variety of articles and topics including dental news, advancements in dental technology and treatments, practical oral health advice and updates from our practice.
We hope you find our blog to be helpful, engaging and informational to ensure your best dental health.
As always, feel free to contact our Cohen Modern Dentistry, P.C. office with any dental questions or concerns.
-- Cohen Modern Dentistry, P.C.
The Filthy Truth About Your Toothbrush
- Every 3-4 months- The American Dental Association recommends replacing your old toothbrush about every three months, or sooner, if the bristles start to bend or fray.
- Following illness- If you’ve had the cold or flu, you may also want to buy a new toothbrush. Germs and bacteria can hide out in the bristles, which may lead to reinfection.
- Avoid sharing toothbrushes- Because microorganisms can be passed between users, sharing a toothbrush should be avoided to prevent the risk of cross-contamination.
- Don’t cover toothbrush- Moist environments are breeding grounds for bacteria. Store your toothbrush upright in the open air instead.